We get a lot of trucks in our shop that have an ongoing vibration problem. Many times, the customer has already changed several parts looking to fix the problem.
Here are the most common causes of drive train vibration:
- Improper airbag adjustment
- Worn U-joints or hanger bearings
- Worn end yokes on transmissions, differentials or drive lines.
CARB has clarified their LRR tire requirements for 2010 and older model-year tractors.
According to CARB’s webpage, “affected tractors must use new or retread SmartWay verified tires by January 1, 2013. However, if a non-compliant tire was manufactured or retreaded before January 1, 2013, it may be used through the useful tread life or until January 1, 2015, whichever comes first.”
You can read the update from CARB at:
We’ve started publishing weekly updates, containing drive train maintenance tips and trucking news delivered right to your email.
You can receive these by signing up with your email address in the form to the left. Enter your email and hit the “subscribe” button.
The California Air Resources Board has released a pamphlet, titled a Truck Driver’s Guide to Care and Maintenance of Diesel Particulate Filters (DPFs) to address the many problems related to this transitional technology during the implementation of more stringent air quality regulations.
The pamphlet details causes of many issues and a procedure to deal with these problems.
The pamphlet is available from their website.
Rebuilt Transmissions and Differentials:
- Eaton/Fuller Heavy Duty
- Eaton Midrange
- New Fuller Clutch Assemblies – all common part numbers
- Rebuilt Clutches.
- Complete clutch rebuilding facility – have a hard-to-find clutch? Give us a call, we can probably rebuild it.
- Flywheel servicing while you wait.
- We keep a complete inventory of drive line parts and materials, from 1000-series PTO shafts, to 1710 slip lines, to the latest Meritor RPL series and Spicer SPL90, SPL 140, SPL170 and SPL250 series.
NewStar PTO Assemblies:
- We now carry NewStar new PTO Assemblies. Call us with your part number for a quote.
We specialize in differential and transmission repair, and we have an in-house drive line shop and clutch rebuilding shop.
We can also removed and replace your transmission, clutch, drive line or differential and repair them in-house.